Yoga can be done only by sitting on the mat in certain postures, so it is not so at all. You can do yoga by correcting some of your postures while doing many things. Even when you are having your meal, you can still take advantage of this ancient practice. At the same time, in today’s busy life, our desk jobs prevent us from sitting on the floor and eating our food, which can be the reason for many problems related to the digestive system. It is believed that one should eat food while sitting in Sukhasana posture. This is because it not only helps in better digestion of food, but also improves your agility. Recently, celebrity nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar has posted a post related to this on her Instagram. Let us know what are the benefits of having food while sitting in Sukhasana posture.
If you are willing to learn different types of yoga along with keeping your body healthy, you can learn 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.
Benefits of having food while sitting :–
“When we stick to just one superfood or follow that one exercise program, it’s these little things that lead to our good health over time”.
- Sitting eating allows for a better posture because your spine is aligned and shoulders square.
- This allows attention to the act of eating and improves attention and prevents overeating.
- Eating sitting in this way leads to better blood flow in the stomach and better digestion of micronutrients like Vitamin B12, Vit D.
- Keeps the body young and mobile, maintains the strength and stability of the body.
Apart from sitting down, eating with your hands, traditionally eating is considered a havan offering food to the digestive fire in your stomach. So the food you eat should be heartfelt for your hands and stomach. Also, as you already know, don’t use any gadgets while eating. At the same time, in this post, he has also told how to do this. On the other hand, keeping the spine straight can be difficult initially because most of us are used to sitting on our spine (while studying, in the office, watching TV etc.). Regular exercise is an easy way to sit up straight without any support. It strengthens our back muscles and prevents any kind of back pain or back disease.
Week 1 – Cross your legs and sit on a chair.
Week 2 – Every alternate day, change the cross of your legs and eat sitting down
Week 3 – Start sitting on the floor daily for meals (it’s easier with crosses)
Week 4 – Keep doing it every day.
Week 5 – From one meal to sitting on the floor for all main meals.
Other benefits of eating while sitting in Sukhasana posture:
- It is considered effective for people who have stiffness in their body.
- It helps in building flexibility in the ankles, knees and hip joints.
- It helps to improve concentration, which is essential for effective meditation practices.
Other things related to Sukhasana:
- Sukhasana helps in relaxing the body after doing meditation postures like Padmasana for a long period.
- This is called an ‘easy pose’, but it is considered difficult to maintain the posture for long periods as the weight of the entire body is supported only by the buttocks.